Friday, July 20, 2012

My little fish


Swimming, swimming in the swimming pool.
Or should I say, learning to swim.
Michael just finished Beginner Swim classes!


In one month, my little man went from having tentative, non face dampening, 
knee deep only, water fun,
to jumping with confidence off the diving block into the deep end, 
with short bursts of underwater swimming.
It truly is amazing what 8 lessons can do.
* and new goggles and practicing with mama after class *
That and a great coach!
(go Coach Tom)

This is Michael on his first class day.


He wasn't interested in taking off his water shoes, getting his face
or hair wet, or attempting the pool noodle on his own.




Here is a video of my little man showing off his water "jogging".
Sorry, I wasn't able to rotate the video. Feel free to turn your head for optimal viewing. :)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Fast forward to the last class.
Michael is the first to volunteer to jump into the deep end.
(with Coach Tom waiting)
I tried to get him in full action, but missed his leap.
 This is the wind up


And his big splash.
I mean he is underwater and all!
(I'm a proud mama)


Here he is waiting for next turn. :)


Lastly, I had to show off this video of his new mad solo swimming skills!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Now of shot of Michael's favorite part of swim, the after swim snack.


We are moving on to Intermediate Swim class next week.
I can't wait to see how he improves.

XOXO,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a note, we love hearing from you!